Subscribe to Ireland's
Award-WinningChildren's News Magazines
We really appreciate you taking your time to consider subscribing to our monthly news magazines. If you do decide to take on The Primary Planet, News Flash, Eipic or The Fact Factory, you will not regret it … and your pupils will thank you for it. This, we promise. If you would like a quotation, please fill out the form below, or contact Padraig on 087 6579415. He will happily go through everything and answer any questions you may have. By subscribing, you will be joining over 650 very happy (and well-read) schools around the country!
- All our magazines contain news, sport, music, entertainment and, dare we say, politics in a language the readers can easily relate to. STEM and SESE topics feature strongly every month, while children can contribute through book reviews, short stories, poems and school news. We also feature budding young journalists that write for our magazines on a regular basis.
- Subscriptions are annual, which means a school signs up for 10 issues – September to June. If a new school comes on board in November, for example, they subscribe to the remaining 8 issues in the year. If a school comes on board in April, their subscription will be for the remaining 3 issues. In June, schools will be contacted about re-subscribing for the following year.
- For schools/class sets, all magazines (The Primary Planet, News Flash and Eipic!) cost €2.50 per copy per month. Any orders below 25 incur the cost of postage and packaging, €7 per month, while orders of 25+ receive free P&P.
- Almost all the content featured in our magazines can be linked directly the DES Primary Curriculum, whether that is through the Language curriculum, the SESE or the SPHE programmes.
- Each month, our team of teachers design a pack for teachers to use alongside that month’s issue. This pack contains extension activities, quizzes, comprehension worksheets, cloze tests, grammar worksheets and vocabulary exercises, most of which are based on the information contained in that month’s magazine. It can be downloaded from the website at the beginning of every month.
- Along with the Teachers Resource Pack, a monthly planning grid is provided, which can be downloaded from the website. This contains direct linkage to the curriculum and can be used as part of a teacher’s short-term planning (monthly/fortnightly plans) or as a Cuntas Míosúil appendix (tick sheet) for the end of the month. Long-term plans are also available. Please email Padraig directly for these, as these are only available to subscribers.
- The mission of News Mag Media is to provide a literacy resource of the highest quality for the learners of today that engages, informs and inspires. A safe source of news and information should be considered an essential resource for today’s young learners. Our magazines also provide children with real reasons to read and write.
Over 600 schools across Ireland currently subscribe to The Primary Planet, News Flash , Eipic and The Fact Factory. This equates to over 100,000 readers per month across all four titles. Many of these schools have been subscribing every year since 2011.